COVID-19 / Coronavirus Protocols
1. Patients will be required to call the office from outside the building (the building is not allowing patients to call from the lobby) prior to coming up to the 7th floor for their appointment to ensure that the waiting room is empty. Once confirmed, they will come up, have their temperature checked and will be required to wash their hands. Any patient without a face covering upon arrival will not be seen.
2. All patients MUST NOT have had any COVID-19 symptoms within the past 3 weeks. Includes: fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, body aches, diarrhea, etc. Additionally, they must not have had any interaction with anyone with a positive case of COVID-19 within the past 3 weeks.
3. Upon entrance to the office, all patients will have their temperature taken. They must have a temperature no higher than 98.5° F.
4. All patients MUST be wearing a mask brought from home to enter the office. All patients will be required to wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose while in the facility.
5. We will be charging the credit card that we have listed on file for all copays and treatment payments. We will NOT be accepting any payment in person. If you have updated credit card information, kindly inform us and we can give you a call to obtain the information prior to your scheduled appointment.
6. To comply with social distancing guidelines as much as possible, all ultrasounds and bloodwork will be very quick with no discussion to limit the amount of time spent in the exam rooms. Any further discussions will either be in the larger rooms in the office or over the phone/email.
7. Patients MUST come alone to all appointments– no exceptions. Any companions will be required to wait on the street level while the patient is being seen.
8. We have implemented the use of DocuSign for consent forms that are typically sent home for signing to minimize the amount of paperwork passed back and forth.
9. If you have any medical records that you would like Dr. Elassar to review please send them to this email or bring them with you to your appointment. Please also be sure to bring your photo ID and insurance card.
10. Treatment areas and exam rooms will be sanitized between patients.
11. Doctors and staff will have their temperatures taken daily.
12. When possible, discussions regarding results will take place virtually or via phone call.